Close Reading Competition 2016 – The Results!
This is the third year of the emagazine Close Reading Competition. We were delighted with the number of entries and very pleased to find so many that were worthy of serious consideration. emagazine editors, Lucy Webster and Barbara Bleiman, shortlisted nine entries which were sent on to Professor Nicolas Tredell for final judging.
Congratulations to Georgina Thorpe (St Paul's Girls' School) and runners-up Manon Keeble (Ysgol Gyfun Gymraeg Bryn Tawe) and Helena Mackie (Marlborough College).
Georgina's winning entry will be published in the April issue of magazine. Manon and Helena's entries will be published online as part of April's emagplus update.
- Georgina Thorpe, St Paul’s Girls’ School
- Manon Keeble, Ysgol Gyfun Gymraeg Bryn Tawe
- Helena Mackie, Marlborough College
- Lauren Falconer, The Lady Eleanor Holles School
- Beth Hollins, Waldegrave School
- Archie Williams, Abingdon School
- Zoe Wright, Notre Dame Catholic Sixth Form College
- Jack Gionis, Framlingham College
- Sabina Lichacz, Claremont High School