An introduction to the English and Media Centre
This free session explains who we are and what we do. You’ll get the chance to try out a short classroom activity and learn more about how to make best use of us. As an added bonus, you will receive a voucher which will give you 10% off an EMC publication of your choice. The session is perfect for trainee and new teachers, or teachers who don’t already know us well.
Course tutor: Andrew McCallum
Andrew McCallum is Director of the English and Media Centre. Prior to that he ran a PGCE course in secondary English, and previously he taught for 15 years in London schools, spending most of that time at Acland Burghley School in Camden. He holds a doctorate in education, is author of Creativity and Learning in Secondary English (Routledge) and writes regularly for NATE's Teaching English magazine. If asked to name the EMC publication he's most proud of having worked on, it would be a three-way contest between Literary Shorts, Diverse Shorts and Write On.
This course will be recorded but participants will not be visible or audible.
- After the session you will receive the PowerPoint presentation and any resources used on the course.
- A recording of the session will be available for 7 days after the event.
How to book your place
- Please sign in to the website, add the course to your basket and checkout.
- If you are booking a place for someone else, or want the joining information to go to an email other than the one you used to sign into the website, please add this to the additional information box.
- This course is free but you still need to check out.
- You will receive an automatic acknowledgement of your booking.
- Your email with all the information you need to join the first session will be sent out on Wednesday 2nd December. You will be sent a reminder on the day of the course. Please check your junk or promotions folder. Still no luck? Email email@example.com.