Building a Rich Reading Culture in Your School
Why should you attend?
Reading for pleasure is a key indicator of strong educational outcomes. Yet it can be treated as something that is additional to the classroom experience. This course explores ways to make reading pleasurable, engaging and productive both inside and outside the classroom. It will focus on which texts work particularly well with different groups of students, where to find them, and what to do with them. You will leave with a wealth of ideas and an enthusiasm for young people’s literature to pass on to your students.
What will the course cover?
- Information about great reads for inside and outside the classroom.
- Advice from specialists in children’s literature about where to find great reads.
- Strategies for bringing books to life in the classroom.
- Strategies for bringing books to life outside the classroom.
- A wide, diverse range of books.
NB. This is a repeat course.
Another lovely day in the peaceful hallowed house of EMC where integrity and good sense reign supreme.