Child Language & Language Change for AQA
Why should you attend?
This course led by Dan Clayton and Amy Bidgood focuses on the new AQA English Language A Level. We will explore the topic areas that are introduced in the A Level year – children’s language acquisition and language change – focusing on the latest research into child language and the different focuses for language change on the new specification, helping to develop teachers’ subject knowledge in these areas.
What will the course cover?
- From the basics to engagement with key debates.
- The most recent thinking in the field, including Amy Bidgood, of the University of Liverpool’s ‘Language 0-5’ project, on child language acquisition.
- Sourcing texts and data, adapting material and developing resources for the new course.
- Ideas for introductory lessons and student projects to suit your students’ interests.
- Ways to develop and maintain subject knowledge.
NB. This will draw on a similar course held in autumn 2016.