Creating a Distinctive KS3 Curriculum
Why should you attend?
This course draws on our experience at the English and Media Centre of designing our KS3 English Curriculum Plus package. The package offers a text rich experience of Years 7-9 to prepare students for GCSE while also providing them with a distinctive experience of English in these important formative years. The course will not try to impose our curriculum on you but will explore how you can develop and add to your existing offer.
What will the course cover?
- Providing complete curriculum coverage in rigorous, engaging ways.
- Delivering a text rich experience of KS3.
- Developing increasing independence and confidence in young learners.
- Building in challenge as preparation for GCSE.
- Resourcing a coherent, complete KS3 curriculum.
NB. This course will draw on two previous courses: Reinvigorating KS3 and Getting Your KS3 Curriculum Right.
This course is free for one teacher to attend from schools who have already bought EMC KS3 English Curriculum Plus. Should your school subsequently buy the package, your school will have the course fee refunded.
Some great inspiring ideas to take back to school!