Developing Critical Writing KS3&KS4
Why should you attend?
This course will show you both how to develop the critical reading skills which make for successful written responses to texts and how to support students as they learn to shape and craft their writing. The endpoint for the course, as with GCSE English Literature, will be the critical essay; but you will also explore the importance of building different forms of critical response into your curriculum. You will go away with a range of ideas to engage and challenge your students and help them to become confident, independent, critical writers.
What will the course cover?
- Having something to say – building a strong personal and critical response.
- Exploring the value of different forms of critical writing.
- Reflecting on some of the research around the teaching of writing.
- Texts and classroom ideas to take away.
- Beyond PEE – teaching critical writing for the literature exam.
NB. This is a repeat course
Wonderful! So many ideas to chew on.