EMC CPD Online: Approaches to Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde for GCSE
The requirement to study a whole Victorian novel for examination is one of the challenges of the Literature GCSE. In this session Kate Oliver will explore ways to introduce themes when studying Jekyll and Hyde, including the use of three different film openings as a way into the text. We will also discuss the tricky issue of context and how to help students to make this integral to their responses, rather than listing facts in a ‘bolted on’ paragraph. We will assume that teachers have some familiarity with the novel.
Attendees will receive a voucher for 10% off single copies of Strange Case of Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde: EMC Full Text Study Edition.
After the session you will receive the PowerPoint presentation and any resources used on the course.
Course tutor: Kate Oliver
Kate Oliver taught English for 14 years in Inner London in various roles. She now works as an education consultant for The English and Media Centre, specialising in KS3 and KS4. Her most recent publications for EMC are KS3 Poetry Plus and Just Write.
How to book your place
- Please sign in to the website, add the course to your basket and checkout.
- If you are booking a place for someone else, or want the joining information to go to an email other than the one you used to sign into the website, please add this to the additional information box.
- Payment by invoice is not available for this session. Please note: your fee is non-refundable.
- You will receive an automatic acknowledgement of your booking.
- Your email with all the information you need to join the session will be sent out on Tuesday 13th October. Please check your junk or promotions folder.