EMC CPD Online: Approaches to Teaching Unseen Poetry at GCSE
Kate Oliver will talk about some of the challenges of teaching poetry, the attitudes which may be holding your students back and how to overcome them. There will be an opportunity for some interaction to explore how some of the activities would work with students. We will focus on:
- A toolkit to help students to tackle unseen poetry with confidence
- Ideas for teaching the tricky topics of form and structure.
Attendees will receive a voucher for 10% off EMC’s Sight Unseen: Poetry.
After the session you will receive the PowerPoint presentation and any resources used on the course.
Course tutor: Kate Oliver
Kate Oliver taught for 14 years in Inner London in various roles. She now works as an education consultant for The English and Media Centre, specialising in KS3 and KS4. Her most recent publications for EMC are KS3 Poetry Plus and Just Write.
How to book your place
- Please sign in to the website, add the course to your basket and checkout.
- If you are booking a place for someone else, or want the joining information to go to an email other than the one you used to sign into the website, please add this to the additional information box.
- Payment by invoice is not available for this session. Please note: your fee is non-refundable.
- You will receive an automatic acknowledgement of your booking.
- Your email with all the information you need to join the session will be sent out on Tuesday 29th September. Please check your junk or promotions folder.
Bookings for this course will close at 8am on Monday 28th September, or when capacity is reached, whichever is the sooner.