EMC CPD Online: Being Creatively Critical at A Level (Literature and Lang/Lit)
This 60-minute webinar will introduce ways of developing students’ critical thinking and writing through creative approaches. We will model these strategies using short texts, indicating ways in which they can be adapted for your own set texts. The webinar will be relevant to both Literature and Lang & Lit A Level courses.
N.B. This session will be drawing on material on creative criticality from previous A Level courses.
- This course will be recorded but participants will not be visible or audible.
If relevant, course materials will be sent the day before the course in the email with your joining instructions. Please either print these out or have them available on screen during the session.
- After the session you will receive the PowerPoint presentation and any resources used on the course.
- A recording of the session will be available for 7 days after the event.
Course tutors: Barbara Bleiman and Lucy Webster
Barbara Bleiman is an education consultant at EMC, co-editor of emagazine and the author of What Matters in English Teaching. She writes blogs and articles about education and has written or co-written many EMC publications for the classroom, including resources on poetry, novels and language study. She takes the lead on EMC’s project on group work, ‘It’s Good to Talk’. In 2019 she was awarded the NATE Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Teaching of English. Barbara is also the author of two novels and has a collection of short stories coming out next year with Blue Door Press.
Lucy Webster is an education consultant at the English and Media Centre, specialising in KS5. She is co-editor of emagazine, runs courses and writes and edits publications.
How to book your place
- Please sign in to the website, add the course to your basket and checkout.
- If you are booking a place for someone else, or want the joining information to go to an email other than the one you used to sign into the website, please add this to the additional information box.
- Payment by invoice is not available for this session. Please note: your fee is non-refundable.
- You will receive an automatic acknowledgement of your booking.
- Your email with all the information you need to join the first session will be sent out on Monday 23rd November You will be sent a reminder on the day of the course. Please check your junk or promotions folder. Still no luck? Email email@example.com.