EMC CPD Online: Bringing Challenging Texts to Life at KS3 & KS4 – Text Adaptations (Twilight 6.12.22 4.15-5.45pm) Part of the 2 for 1 offer – see 'How to book'.
Drawing on her new short story collection, An Inspector Called and Other Text Transformations, Barbara will offer ways of using text transformations and adaptations to help students engage with and interpret some of the challenging texts they are faced with in KS3 and KS4 English classrooms. The session will introduce how this might work practically, with a few commonly taught texts and a taste of the stories in the collection, to show how one might prime students for reading a challenging text, introduce fresh angles along the way, or bring new insights after reading.
- This course will be recorded but participants will not be audible or visible.
- After the session you will receive the PowerPoint presentation, any resources used on the course and a £10 voucher off the anthology (or any other EMC publication of your choice) on www.englishandmedia.co.uk
- Vouchers can only be redeemed online.
- Only one voucher can be used per purchase.
- Vouchers expire after 6 weeks.
- A recording of the session will be available for 7 days after the event.
- If relevant, course materials will be sent the day before the course in the email with your joining instructions. Please either print these out or have them available on screen during the session.
How to book your place
Bookings for this course will close at 8am on Friday 2nd December, or when capacity is reached, whichever is the sooner.
This course is part of our 2 for 1 offer
Book a place on this course and you’ll be sent a voucher code entitling you to book a further place on the same course for a colleague at your school. Your code will be sent within 3 working days of booking.
Please note: bookings for this course close 8am on Friday 2nd December. The 2nd free place must be booked before the closing date, so please make sure you give yourself enough time!
Your voucher can only be redeemed online and is only eligible against this course.
(Any issues please email Lucy.)
- To book a place on this course, first sign into your account on the website, or register one if you need to.
- Click 'Book online' (right-hand column) and fill in the name and email address of the person attending the course. The joining information and post-course email will be sent to this address.
- If you are booking for more than one person, repeat the process.
- Then hover over your basket (top right) and click checkout.
- IF TAKING ADVANTAGE OF OUR 2 FOR 1 OFFER, PLEASE WAIT TO BE SENT YOUR CODE BEFORE BOOKING YOUR 2ND PLACE.
- Once you have booked your place, you will see a screen 'Your order was a success!' You may want to make a note of your order number. You will also receive an automatic acknowledgement of your booking.
- Your email with all the information you need to join the session will be sent out on Monday 5th December. You will be sent a reminder on the day of the course. Please check your junk or promotions folder. Still no luck? Email us.
- This course must be booked and paid for online. Payment by invoice is not available for this session. Please note: your fee is non-refundable.