EMC CPD Online: emag econf: online conference for A Level English Language
You can book this either as a standalone event for £40 but if you book on Starting to Teach English Language course you will have free entry to this event.
In this online conference, four linguists will each provide a 20-minute introduction to a key area of study, before the course tutor shows how these topics can be dealt with as part of the A Level course. There will be a Q&A panel discussion at the end.
The conference will feature:
- Devyani Sharma (QMUL): accents and accent bias
- Rob Drummond (Manchester Metropolitan University): popular language prejudices
- Catherine Laing (Cardiff University): child language development
- Christian Ilbury (QMUL): language and interaction online
- Hosted by Dan Clayton
Dan Clayton is an education consultant at the EMC, a teacher of A level English for 20 years and author/editor of many books for A Level English Language. He tweets about language from @EngLangBlog
How to book your place
- Please sign in to the website, add the course to your basket and checkout.
- If you are booking a place for someone else, or want the joining information to go to an email other than the one you used to sign into the website please add this to the additional information box.
- Payment by invoice is not available for this session. Please note: your fee is non-refundable.
- You will receive an automatic acknowledgement of your booking.
- Your email with all the information you need to join the session will be sent out on Monday 13th September. Please check your junk and promotions folder.