EMC CPD Online: Introducing the NEA: English Language A Level
This CPD session is a 90-minute introduction to the Language Investigation part of the A Level English Language NEA. We will look at how to inspire, set up, supervise and encourage productive and manageable investigations on a range of themes using different methodologies for any of the A Level specifications. If you are starting out with the A Level for the first time, or just looking for ideas to help you refresh this part of the course, this should help you. There will be a chance to discuss ideas at the end in a Q&A session.
What will the course cover?
- What’s involved in a Language Investigation
- Choosing topics and asking suitable questions
- Helping students develop analysis and understanding
- Pinpointing suitable background reading
- Supervising students and monitoring progress
- How to conclude and evaluate projects.
- This course will be recorded but participants will not be audible or visible.
- If relevant, course materials will be sent the day before the course in the email with your joining instructions. Please either print these out or have them available on screen during the session.
- After the session you will receive the PowerPoint presentation, any resources used on the course and a £10 voucher to use against any purchase on www.englishandmedia.co.uk
- A recording of the session will be available for 7 days after the event.
Course tutors: Dan Clayton
Dan Clayton is an education consultant at the EMC, a teacher of A Level English for 20 years and author/editor of many books for A Level English Language. He tweets about language from @EngLangBlog.
How to book your place
Bookings for this course will close at 8am on Friday 7th May, or when capacity is reached, whichever is the sooner.
- To book a place on this course, first sign in to your account on the website, or register one if you need to.
- Click 'Book online' (right-hand column) and fill in the name and email address of the person attending the course. The joining information and post-course email will be sent to this address.
- If you are booking for more than one person, repeat the process.
- Then hover over your basket (top right) and click checkout.
- If you want to book another place on the course, return to the course page and go through the same process. You cannot update number of places booked from within your basket.
- Once you have booked your place, you will see a screen 'Your order was a success!' You may want to make a note of your order number. You will also receive an automatic acknowledgement of your booking.
- Your email with all the information you need to join the session will be sent out on Monday 10th May. You will be sent a reminder on the day of the course. Please check your junk or promotions folder. Still no luck? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This course must be booked and paid for online. Payment by invoice is not available for this session. Please note: your fee is non-refundable.
It was extremely informative and clear with lots of practical advice for supporting students through the Language Investigation.