EMC CPD Online: Media Strategies for KS3
This short course will outline tried-and-tested strategies to excite and challenge your students at KS3. It will show how practical hands-on activities can enhance literary and language study and open up the opportunity to address some of the broader critical debates around issues such as social media, disinformation, and diversity. These experiences will also stand students in good stead if they opt for Media Studies at GCSE and beyond.
Course tutor: Jenny Grahame
Jenny Grahame has taught Media Studies and Media in English since the late 70s, and has worked at EMC as Media Consultant for over 30 years. She has run innumerable CPD courses for English and Media Studies teachers, and worked on many EMC publications, including Doing Ads, News and TV Drama, The KS3 and KS4 Media books. She was founder-editor of MediaMagazine, has been closely involved with the development of the GCSE and A Level Media specs since their inception, and launched the Media Education Association. She remains determined to restore the study of media to the English Curriculum.
- This course will be recorded but participants will not be visible or audible.
- If relevant, course materials will be sent the day before the course in the email with your joining instructions. Please either print these out or have them available on screen during the session.
- After the session you will receive the PowerPoint presentation and any resources used on the course.
- A recording of the session will be available for 7 days after the event.
How to book your place
- Please sign in to the website, add the course to your basket and checkout.
- If you are booking a place for someone else, or want the joining information to go to an email other than the one you used to sign into the website, please add this to the additional information box.
- Payment by invoice is not available for this session. Please note: your fee is non-refundable.
- You will receive an automatic acknowledgement of your booking.
- Your email with all the information you need to join the first session will be sent out on Monday 7th November. You will be sent a reminder on the day of the course. Please check your junk or promotions folder. Still no luck? Email email@example.com.