EMC CPD Online: Refresh Your Approach to Teaching An Inspector Calls (Afternoon 20.10.22 2-3.30pm) Part of the 2 for 1 offer – see 'How to book'.
One of the most popular texts at GCSE, An Inspector Calls has plenty to offer in the classroom. However, it can be easy for students to get so caught up with the historical context and moral message that they forget to respond to the text as drama, or to analyse Priestley’s methods. We will explore how to keep a balance in teaching the play and offer practical classroom approaches. The course will assume that you are familiar with the play.
NB: This is a repeat course.
- This course will be recorded but participants will not be audible or visible.
- After the session you will receive the PowerPoint presentation, any resources used on the course and a £10 voucher to use against any purchase on www.englishandmedia.co.uk
- Vouchers can only be redeemed online.
- Only one voucher can be used per purchase.
- Vouchers expire after 6 weeks.
- A recording of the session will be available for 7 days after the event.
- If relevant, course materials will be sent the day before the course in the email with your joining instructions. Please either print these out or have them available on screen during the session.
How to book your place
Bookings for this course will close at 8am on Tuesday 18th October, or when capacity is reached, whichever is the sooner.
This course is part of our 2 for 1 offer
Book a place on this course and you’ll be sent a voucher code entitling you to book a further place on the same course for a colleague at your school. Your code will be sent within 3 working days of booking.
Please note: bookings for this course close 8am on Tuesday 18th October. The 2nd free place must be booked before the closing date, so please make sure you give yourself enough time!
Your voucher can only be redeemed online and is only eligible against this course.
(Any issues please email Lucy.)
- To book a place on this course, first sign into your account on the website, or register one if you need to.
- Click 'Book online' (right-hand column) and fill in the name and email address of the person attending the course. The joining information and post-course email will be sent to this address.
- If you are booking for more than one person, repeat the process.
- Then hover over your basket (top right) and click checkout.
- IF TAKING ADVANTAGE OF OUR 2 FOR 1 OFFER, PLEASE WAIT TO BE SENT YOUR CODE BEFORE BOOKING YOUR 2ND PLACE.
- Once you have booked your place, you will see a screen 'Your order was a success!' You may want to make a note of your order number. You will also receive an automatic acknowledgement of your booking.
- Your email with all the information you need to join the session will be sent out on Wednesday 19th October. You will be sent a reminder on the day of the course. Please check your junk or promotions folder. Still no luck? Email us
- This course must be booked and paid for online. Payment by invoice is not available for this session. Please note: your fee is non-refundable.
The suggested exercises were varied and interesting. They demonstrate that exciting exercises can – and should – be text-based. I particularly like the way they encourage students to think about the text as a play.
Both presenters were clear and provided engaging, innovative strategies to approach the text. I left feeling completely inspired and look forward to delivering the text to my class.