EMC CPD Online: The Media Theory Booster Shot (Twilight 14.10.22 4.15-5.45pm) Part of the 2 for 1 offer – see 'How to book' .
This course is for Media Studies teachers who feel confident by now with the set theorists for A Level but want to go beyond the requirements of the specs to put the prescribed theories in new contexts, make new connections between them and include a wider repertoire of theoretical ideas in their teaching.
This session is one of a series at EMC, where an academic is invited to offer fresh angles on key topics, engaging teachers at an adult level, enriching their thinking about the subject and updating their knowledge of recent research. As such, the emphasis will be on exploring media theories, rather than on classroom practice.
- Take their understanding of the contribution of each theorist to the ‘next level’
- Find out about recent academic work that applies their theories to new contexts
- Consider intertextual approaches to cover the requirements but in a wider and more critical context.
NB: This is a repeat course.
- This course will be recorded but participants will not be audible or visible.
- After the session you will receive the PowerPoint presentation, any resources used on the course and a £5 voucher to use against any purchase on www.englishandmedia.co.uk
- Vouchers can only be redeemed online.
- Only one voucher can be used per purchase.
- Vouchers expire after 6 weeks.
- A recording of the session will be available for 7 days after the event.
- If relevant, course materials will be sent the day before the course in the email with your joining instructions. Please either print these out or have them available on screen during the session.
How to book your place
Bookings for this course will close at 8am on Wednesday 12th October., or when capacity is reached, whichever is the sooner.
This course is part of our 2 for 1 offer
Book a place on this course and you’ll be sent a voucher code entitling you to book a further place on the same course for a colleague at your school. Your code will be sent within 3 working days of booking.
Please note: bookings for this course close 8am on Wednesday 12th October. The 2nd free place must be booked before the closing date, so please make sure you give yourself enough time!
Your voucher can only be redeemed online and is only eligible against this course.
(Any issues please email Lucy.)
- To book a place on this course, first sign into your account on the website, or register one if you need to.
- Click 'Book online' (right-hand column) and fill in the name and email address of the person attending the course. The joining information and post-course email will be sent to this address.
- If you are booking for more than one person, repeat the process.
- Then hover over your basket (top right) and click checkout.
- IF TAKING ADVANTAGE OF OUR 2 FOR 1 OFFER, PLEASE WAIT TO BE SENT YOUR CODE BEFORE BOOKING YOUR 2ND PLACE.
- Once you have booked your place, you will see a screen 'Your order was a success!' You may want to make a note of your order number. You will also receive an automatic acknowledgement of your booking.
- Your email with all the information you need to join the session will be sent out on Thursday 13th October. You will be sent a reminder on the day of the course. Please check your junk or promotions folder. Still no luck? Email us.
- This course must be booked and paid for online. Payment by invoice is not available for this session. Please note: your fee is non-refundable.
A real insight into how easy it is to expand theory and overlap it with others who aren't necessarily in the same framework. Valuable discussion of current issues in society, application of further theorists, valuable examples and products to explore.
Insightful and well structured.