EMC CPD Online: What Matters in English Teaching: Writing
In this new presentation in the ‘What Matters’ series, Barbara will draw on her chapter in What Matters in English Teaching, and on her wider work on writing both in the classroom and at EMC, to consider what has been going wrong with writing in recent years and what we should be doing to fix it. She will use examples of student writing and classroom activities, to offer a practical look at some of the key issues at stake. This session, like her other ‘What Matters’ sessions, will be a 50-60 minute presentation (involving some opportunities to pause and reflect, or try something out) followed by a break and a 30 minute Q&A.
While forming part of the ‘What Matters in English Teaching’ series, this online CPD also works as a standalone session.
After the session you will receive the PowerPoint presentation and any resources used on the course.
Course tutor: Barbara Bleiman
Barbara Bleiman is a consultant at EMC, co-editor of emagazine and the author of What Matters in English Teaching. She writes blogs and articles about education, has written or co-written many EMC publications for the classroom, including resources on poetry, novels and language study. She takes the lead on EMC’s project on group work, ‘It’s Good to Talk’. In 2019 she was awarded the NATE Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Teaching of English. Barbara is also the author of two novels and has a collection of short stories coming out next year with Blue Door Press.
How to book your place
- Please sign in to the website, add the course to your basket and checkout.
- If you are booking a place for someone else, or want the joining information to go to an email other than the one you used to sign into the website, please add this to the additional information box.
- Payment by invoice is not available for this session. Please note: your fee is non-refundable.
- You will receive an automatic acknowledgement of your booking.
- Your email with all the information you need to join the session will be sent out on Tuesday 20th October. Please check your junk or promotions folder.
Bookings for this course will close at 8am on Monday 19th October, or when capacity is reached, whichever is the sooner.