Improving Writing for A Level Literature
Why should you attend?
Writing is often an element in EMC courses for A Level but time on a packed day doesn’t allow for a thorough look at the demands and a detailed analysis of what is needed and how to help students develop the skills and knowledge to write well in different kinds of essays and for different exams and components. This course will address head-on the issue of writing and how to improve it.
What will the course cover?
- The relationship between talk, reading and writing.
- Models of writing – teaching writing practices in the subject.
- Strategies for planning.
- Developmental approaches to writing.
- Beyond the critical essay – creative and recreative writing.
- Good writing about contexts and ways of incorporating criticism.
- Working with students on their writing – how to move them on.
Great day and one that will only enhance our teaching and the quality of the students’ learning and engagement.