Language Diversity & Language Discourses for AQA
Why should you attend?
This course focuses on AQA English Language AS and A Level, and in particular the relatively new topics of language diversity and language discourses. Beginning with issues around regional dialect, sociolect and occupation before moving onto ethnicity, world Englishes and gender, the course is designed to address the main areas for Paper 2. We will discuss current debates and how best to engage your students with these. The day will also help you to develop your own subject knowledge.
What will the course cover?
- Helping students to engage with recent research and key debates around both topics.
- Sourcing texts and data, adapting material and developing resources.
- An overview of research, theories and case studies for each area.
- Ideas for introductory lessons, projects and resources to suit your students’ interests.
- Ways to develop and maintain subject knowledge.
A superb day – thank you for the inspiration and much usable material!