Language Diversity & Language Discourses for AQA
Why should you attend?
This course focuses on the AQA English Language AS and A level and in particular the topics of language diversity and language discourses. Beginning with topics such as regional dialect, sociolect and occupation before moving onto ethnicity, world Englishes and gender, the course is designed to address the main areas for Paper 2. With language discourses, we will look at some of the main arguments around these topics, and media representations of issues around variation and usage.
What will the course cover?
- From the basics of these new topics to engagement with key debates, including the most recent research and thinking in the field.
- Sourcing texts and data, adapting material and developing resources for the new AL course.
- An overview of research, theories and case studies for each area.
- Ideas for introductory lessons and student projects to suit your students’ interests.
- Ways to develop and maintain subject knowledge.
NB. This is a repeat course.
The balance of theory and activities was fantastic and the lesson resources are a goldmine. Thank you!