Making Your English Curriculum Ofsted-Ready
Why should you attend?
Ofsted’s new Education Inspection Framework (EIF) places a much stronger emphasis on curriculum. This course is designed to support your department in ensuring the English curriculum is coherent and prepared for inspection under the new framework. We will explore the ideas about reading, cultural capital and vocabulary referred to in the EIF. The course will also give you space to understand how to add to or refresh your current offer, with a focus on demonstrating clear progression from 11 to 16 and maintaining an interesting and inclusive English curriculum.
What will the course cover?
- Responding to Ofsted’s ‘three i’s’ – Intent, Implementation, Impact.
- Creating a distinctive curriculum for 11-16.
- Demonstrating progression in your curriculum.
- What is knowledge in English?
- Responding to Ofsted advice about differentiation.
- Building reading challenge into your curriculum.
NB. This is a repeat course.
Really informative and practical.