Poems of the Decade for Edexcel A Level Literature
Why should you attend?
The focus of the day will be on teaching and resourcing Edexcel’s contemporary poetry requirements for the A Level exam: the Poems of the Decade anthology and the unseen. This course will not replicate the training provided by the Awarding Body in interpreting questions or considering exemplar work, but will instead focus on EMC’s highly-successful teaching strategies and resources, and the subject knowledge needed to teach the course confidently and successfully. Please note, we will not be addressing the requirements of the AS exam.
What will the course cover?
- How to organise your poetry teaching so as to teach a large number of poems effectively and build up students’ skills and confidence in preparation for the exams.
- Imaginative, tried-and-tested classroom approaches that will make a difference, both to students’ engagement with poetry and achievement in exams.
- Ways of developing student confidence and expertise in dealing with unseen poetry.
- How to teach students to write comparatively about poetry.
- Developing your own knowledge of the collection.
NB. This is a repeat course.
Just a wonderful day! Brilliant atmosphere, catering, location and tonnes of really practical, usable ideas. Very inspiring!