Refreshing Your Teaching of WW1 Literature for AQA A
Why should you attend?
World War 1 Literature has featured on A Level specifications for many years. There is a wealth of material available, but it can be hard to select what’s most valuable for the classroom, and difficult to keep abreast of new critical approaches. This course aims to refresh your ideas about WW1 literature and ways of exploring it in the classroom, so that you go away reinvigorated and ready to try out some new material and approaches with your students. We will address the cross-genre nature of the AQA A component, with ideas for overarching themes and concepts to fuel comparative thinking.
What will the course cover?
- Refreshing your thinking – exploring the idea of neo-historicism in late 20th- and 21st-century texts about World War 1.
- Refreshing your own subject knowledge – a lecture on women’s poetry and life writing.
- Unseen texts – new ideas for developing students’ confidence in the exam.
- New strategies to use in the classroom.
- Ways of preparing students for cross-genre comparisons.
Fantastic day. Very enjoyable and invaluable for my CPD.