Starting to Teach A Level English Language
Why should you attend?
If you are new or newish to teaching the English Language A Level, this cross-specification course will boost your subject knowledge with an introduction to most of the key areas of study. You will have the opportunity to look at ways to develop your – and your students’ – understanding of the building blocks of language analysis and the main approaches to sociolinguistic research used on all AS and A Level courses, equipping you to take on the first year of teaching with confidence.
What will the course cover?
- The nuts and bolts of text analysis.
- How to explore meanings in different kinds of texts.
- Sociolinguistic topic areas such as accent & dialect, gender and sociolect.
- Debates and arguments about language.
- Encouraging student-led research and writing.
As someone who has never studied Language at A Level, I am leaving confident, motivated and enlightened!