Starting to Teach A Level English Language
Why should you attend?
If you are new to teaching English Language, this course will introduce you to most of the key areas and suggest ways to develop both your own knowledge and your students’ understanding of the building blocks of language analysis and the main approaches to sociolinguistic research used on all AS and A Level courses. Assuming no prior knowledge of English Language teaching and not focused on one particular specification, this course will equip you to take on the first year of teaching with confidence.
What will the course cover?
- The nuts and bolts of text analysis.
- How to explore meanings in different kinds of texts.
- Sociolinguistic topic areas such as gender, accent and dialect, and sociolect.
- Debates and arguments about language.
- Encouraging student-led research and writing.
NB. This is a repeat course.
Excellent info and explanations. Practically useful with loads of great classroom ideas.