Starting to Teach A Level Language & Literature
Why should you attend?
This cross-specification course will explore what makes Lang/Lit a distinctive subject and show how to teach it in exciting and stimulating ways. We will look at key concepts and approaches, with classroom strategies (illustrated on shorts texts taken from a range of different specifications) that you can use and adapt. You will go away with a set of tools for analysis, resources to use or adapt, and greater confidence for teaching the subject.
What will the course cover?
- What makes Lang/Lit a distinctive subject? Developing your own subject knowledge.
- Set texts, anthologies and unseen texts – key skills for students and classroom strategies.
- Creative and transformative writing to improve analysis.
- An introduction to stylistics approaches.
- Classroom strategies to explore and analyse a wide range of texts: literary, non-fiction and spoken.
NB. This is a repeat course.
As ever, an excellent course from EMC which was informative, creative and practical.