Starting to Teach A Level Literature
Why should you attend?
EMC has run a course for teachers new or newish to A Level Literature teaching for many years. Teachers returning for other A Level CPD often mention how much this course helped them, setting them up and starting them off in ways that have continued to be of benefit throughout the years of their A Level teaching. Dealing with key principles and ranging across genres, it provides classroom approaches and opportunities to find out what is successful and inspiring pedagogy. You will go away with ideas and resources, including some that you can take straight into the classroom, regardless of the specification or texts you are teaching.
What will the course cover?
- Reflecting on what makes for excellent A Level teaching and how to provide challenge in a supportive way.
- An introduction to some of the key elements shared by the current specifications.
- Practical strategies for teaching different genres.
- Developing students’ writing.
- Advice about what’s worrying you, what works and what doesn’t, problems and pitfalls and ways of avoiding them!
NB. This is a repeat course suitable for teachers who have been teaching the course for the first time this year or those planning to start in 2018/19.
Highly informative and useful course with heaps of resources and practical ideas to take back. Offered much reassurance!