Starting to Teach A Level Literature (Summer 2020)
Why should you attend?
EMC has run a course for teachers new or newish to A Level Literature teaching for many years. Teachers returning for other A Level CPD often mention how much this course helped them, setting them up in ways that have continued to be of benefit throughout the years of their A Level teaching. Dealing with key principles and ranging across genres, this cross-specification course provides both classroom approaches and opportunities to find out what is successful and inspiring pedagogy. You will go away with ideas and resources, including some that you can take straight into the classroom, regardless of the specification or texts you are teaching.
What will the course cover?
- Reflecting on what makes for excellent
- A Level teaching and how to provide challenge in a supportive way.
- An introduction to some of the key elements shared by the specifications.
- Practical strategies for teaching different genres.
- Developing students’ writing.
NB. This is a repeat course.
All extremely interesting, relevant and beautifully delivered.