EMC CPD ONLINE: Teachers as Writers – Writing Drama
Playwright, scriptwriter and trained secondary English teacher, Sarah Hehir, will be leading this Saturday morning workshop, presenting her own writing, getting teachers writing themselves and offering ideas for the classroom. She will be joined by Barbara Bleiman who will help tease out the implications for our classroom practice in the teaching of writing. The session will last for 90 mins to 2 hours, with a short break in the middle to allow for some sustained writing.
After the session you will receive any resources used on the course.
Course tutors: Sarah Hehir and Barbara Bleiman
Sarah Hehir has a PGCE in Drama and English from Didsbury School of Education. She taught English, Drama and Media Studies for five years in a large comprehensive school in North Manchester before moving to Republic of Ireland where she taught drama to excluded pupils. Over the last twenty years, she has taught in schools, universities, theatres, young offenders institutes and pupil referral units. In 2013, she won the BBC Writer's Prize for her radio play Bang Up. She now works as a freelance creative writing teacher and writes plays for stage and radio. She is currently writing for BBC Doctors and The Archers and until the lockdown taught creative writing in an Young Offenders' Institute in Medway.
Barbara Bleiman is a consultant at EMC, co-editor of emagazine and the author of What Matters in English Teaching. She is also the author of two novels and has a collection of short stories coming out next year with Blue Door Press. She is also working on a new novel.
How to book your place
- Please sign in to the website, add the course to your basket and checkout.
- If you are booking a place for someone else, or want the joining information to go to an email other than the one you used to sign into the website, please add this to the additional information box.
- Payment by invoice is not available for this session. Please note: your fee is non-refundable.
- You will receive an automatic acknowledgement of your booking.
- Your email with all the information you need to join the session will be sent out on Thursday 8th October. Please check your junk or promotions folder.