Teaching the Gothic for OCR A Level
Why should you attend?
OCR’s Gothic component features texts which venture into dangerous territories in ways that are both exciting and challenging. This course will provide opportunities for you to develop your own subject knowledge, as well as try out activities and resources to fuel your teaching of individual texts within a thematic and generic area.
What will the course cover?
- What is the Gothic? Key tropes, motifs and concepts.
- Ways of reading – a close focus on your chosen text.
- Creative and critical approaches to close analysis.
- The texts in context: how to use literary, historical and generic contexts effectively.
- Resourcing and preparing students for the unseen.
- Making effective use of criticism.
NB. This course will include substantial elements of the course run in July 2017.
When applying for this course, please tell us which texts you have chosen. (If you are teaching the Gothic for an AB other than OCR and would like to attend, please contact
Lucy before booking.)
'Brilliant and highly practical. Wonderfully resourced and illuminating.'
Fantastic, informative and fun!
Superb resources, impressively tailored to the course. Interesting and also not intimidating! Your courses and resources are the best!