Teaching Unseen Texts at KS3&KS4
Why should you attend?
Being able to tackle unseen texts is absolutely key to success for both Language and Literature GCSE. There are many challenges for students, including the amount of reading, the difficulty of the texts, accessing texts from the 19th century and the requirement to use appropriate linguistic and literary terminology. Responding to these challenges, the course will consider how best to use KS3 and KS4 to prepare students. You will go away with a huge range of texts, ideas and resources to help your students successfully tackle unseen fiction, non-fiction and poetry.
What will the course cover?
- Planning how and when to teach the skills for approaching unseen.
- Strategies to prepare students for tackling unseen fiction, non-fiction and poetry with confidence.
- Texts and resources for teaching unseen 19th-century texts at KS3 and KS4.
- Preparing students for comparative tasks.
- Teaching students to use appropriate linguistic and literary terminology.
NB. This will draw on previous EMC courses on teaching unseen texts.