Teaching Writing for GCSE: Inspiring Strategies
Why should you attend?
This course will offer you a range of ideas to engage and challenge your students and help them to become confident and independent writers of non-fiction, creative and critical writing. We will address some important questions such as how to make the teaching enjoyable and memorable while successfully preparing students for the exams. Three mini-units for you to take away will provide a basis for exploring issues, classroom strategies and good practice.
What will the course cover?
- Three short, adaptable units that exemplify good practice.
- Texts and strategies to prompt and support writing and develop independence.
- Making a real difference to your students’ progress.
- Making virtuous links between reading and writing.
- Beyond PEE – teaching critical writing for the literature exam.
NB. This is a repeat of a course held in 2016.
Your INSET days are streets ahead of others. Lots of ideas, lots of enthusiasm and lots of new resources. Thank you!
Fantastic course. Practical, enabling and very useful.