Top Marks at GCSE
Why should you attend?
This course will look at how to stretch your most able GCSE students so that they achieve their full potential. We will look at classroom strategies to help students extend their responses to reading as well as develop and improve their writing. We will consider how to analyse able students’ work in order to pinpoint areas for improvement, how to set challenging targets and help students to achieve them.
What will the course cover?
- Helping students to develop a sophisticated repertoire for writing for the Language papers.
- Strategies to develop and extend students’ personal and critical responses to reading.
- Developing critical writing.
- Effective feedback for higher achievers.
- Enabling students to use literary and linguistic terminology purposefully.
Totally wonderful course. I really enjoyed exploring the texts.