Top Marks at GCSE (Spring 2020)
Why should you attend?
This course will look at how to stretch your high-attaining GCSE students so that they achieve their full potential. We will look at classroom strategies to help students extend their responses to reading, develop their writing, and generate their own ideas about literary texts. We will look at how to analyse high-attaining students’ work in order to pinpoint areas for improvement, how to set challenging targets and how to help students achieve them.
What will the course cover?
- Helping students to develop a sophisticated writing repertoire for the Language papers.
- Strategies to develop and extend students’ personal and critical responses to literary texts.
- Developing critical writing.
- Marking and target setting for able students.
- Enabling students to use literary and linguistic terminology purposefully.
NB. This is a repeat course.
Absolutely wonderful and informative.
I'm almost overwhelmed with the amount of good techniques that I want to go and try out!