Top Marks at GCSE (Spring 2020 – ADDITIONAL DATE)
Why should you attend?
This course will address how to stretch your high-attaining GCSE students so that they achieve their full potential. We will try out a range of classroom strategies to help students extend their responses to reading, develop their writing, and generate their own ideas about literary texts. We will look at how to analyse high-attaining students’ work in order to pinpoint areas for improvement, how to set challenging targets and help students achieve them. The focus is very much on developing the knowledge and skills your students need over a two-year programme of study.
What will the course cover?
- Helping students to develop a sophisticated writing repertoire for the Language papers.
- Strategies to develop and extend students’ personal and critical responses to literary texts.
- Developing critical writing.
- Marking and target setting for able students.
- Enabling students to use literary and linguistic terminology purposefully.
NB. This is a repeat course.
I’m almost overwhelmed with the number of good techniques that I want to go and try out!