What the New Ofsted Framework Means For English
Why should you attend?
September 2019 sees the introduction ofthe Ofsted Education Inspection Framework with a strong focus on curriculum. This has particular implications for English departments, given the centrality of the subject, and the explicit references made by the document to reading, cultural capital and vocabulary. This course will offer insight into the rationale behind these changes, while offering practical ideas about how to implement them into your department’s curriculum. In addition, it will give you the opportunity to explore how you might develop your own curriculum, not just to make it ready for Ofsted, but to build on your existing offer.
What will the course cover?
- Responding to Ofsted’s ‘three i’s’ – Intent, Implementation, Impact.
- Creating a distinctive curriculum for 11-16.
- Demonstrating progression in your curriculum.
- Working with knowledge in English.
- Responding to Ofsted advice about differentiation.
- Building reading challenge into your curriculum.
A very useful and inspiring course - thank you.