What the New Ofsted Framework Means for English (ADDITIONAL DATE)
Why should you attend?
September 2019 sees the introduction of Ofsted’s new Education Inspection Framework (EIF) with a strong focus on curriculum. This has particular implications for English departments, especially given the explicit references made by the EIF to reading, cultural capital and vocabulary. This course will offer insight into the rationale behind some significant changes, while providing practical ideas about how to implement them in your department’s curriculum. In addition, it will give you the opportunity to explore how you might develop your own curriculum, not just to make it ready for Ofsted, but to build on your existing offer.
What will the course cover?
- Responding to Ofsted’s ‘three i’s’ – Intent, Implementation, Impact.
- Creating a distinctive KS3 curriculum.
- Demonstrating progression in your curriculum.
- Tackling vocabulary in English and the wider curriculum.
- Building reading challenge into your curriculum.
NB. This is a repeat course.
Clear, stimulating, concise. Excellent balance between knowledge and discussion.