EMC Let Them Loose! National Writing Day 2018 – How to Take Part
Once again, EMC is inviting you and your students to take part in 'Let Them Loose!' to celebrate National Writing Day.
How to take part
- Download the stimulus material you will need to run EMC Let Them Loose! here.
- Set aside 30-45 minutes.
- Display the stimulus material.
- Explain to students that they can do any of the following:
- Use one of the images as the inspiration for a piece of writing
- Use one or more of the phrases displayed as the starting point for their writing
- Write anything they want in any way that they want.
Additional instructions for students
- Students can write in any form that they want (e.g. story, poetry, personal writing etc.).
- Their work will not be assessed or marked in any way.
Sharing the writing
You can take photos of the writing and tweet to @EngMediaCentre using the hashtags #EMCLetThemLoose2018 and #YourSchoolName. Please make sure that you have taken into account your school’s safeguarding and data protection policies before tweeting.
Ethos of EMC Let Them Loose!
This activity is designed so that students can write with minimal intervention from teachers. If students are stuck, we recommend that you help them to get started and then ‘let them loose’ from that point forward.
We would love teachers and other staff members to write alongside students.