EMC SALE 2020 – EXTENDED UNTIL SCHOOLS RE-OPEN – 20% off
Critical, creative and contextual activities for supporting A Level students in reading the text in class and independently. Includes:
- Getting to grips with the novel, including a close focus on Chapter 1, tracking place, key moments, the ending and key themes
- Critical exploration of context, including the post-war landscape and Orwell’s writing
- Activities and resources to develop a deeper understanding, of:
- Voice and point of view
- Textual components
- Narrative structure
- Genre: literary fiction, dystopia, satire
- The importance of language
- Key elements and ideas including: state control, politics, truth, freedom of thought and doublethink
- Articles originally published in emagazine
- Video interview with Dr David Dwan
- Comparing Nineteen Eighty-Four with dystopian and other texts.
This publication includes a PDF and a folder of video clips.
Important information on accessing your download publication!
As soon as you have placed your order, your download publication will be available to download in your account. This publication includes a PDF and zipped folder of video clips (in .mov format). Please note: the zipped file of video clips is very very large (over 1GB). It will take some time to download.
- Before you sign out or leave the website, click 'My Account' (top right).
- Click the link which says: View your purchased downloads, and re-download them.
- Click on the PDF icon next to the publication you want to download.
- The publication will download to wherever downloads normally go on your computer (often your desktop or a Downloads folder).
If you want to download the publication at a later point, sign in to the main account used to buy the download, then follow the instructions above.
Click here to download a guide on accessing downloadable publications from your account.
Viewing and using this print-only PDF
To use this PDF you need Acrobat Reader 7 or above. You can download this free program here.