Resources and activities to support students in exploring and analysing King Lear as a literary text and as a drama script in production.
- Includes substantial critical extracts and articles originally published in emagazine.
- Combines practical classroom materials and a critical guide to the play.
- Before reading activities to introduce key ideas and encourage engagement.
- Key activities on each act.
- Substantial after reading activities to allow students to explore core aspects of the text through critical, creative, stylistic and investigative approaches:
- Dramatic context: tragedy
- Sources and re-tellings
- The world of King Lear
- King Lear on stage.
- Critical and contextual material (including on a range of productions) integrated throughout the publication
- Full PDF publication
- Production stills in colour
- One video and one audio lecture by Dr Eric Langley (University College London), given at the English and Media Centre.
EMC Advanced Literature – Shakespeare