Free downloadable resources for all eight novels shortlisted for the Carnegie Medal Award 2019
- Elizabeth Acevedo: The Poet X
- Sophie Anderson: The House with Chicken Legs*
- Candy Gourlay: Bone Talk
- Frances Hardinge: A Skinful of Shadows
- Alexander Kwame: Rebound
- Sally Nicholls: Things a Bright Girl Can Do
- Jason Reynolds: Long Way Down
- Kate Saunders: The Land of Never Endings*
* Resources for The Land of Never Endings and The House with Chicken Legs have been written by the Centre for Literacy in Primary Education. Please see the Carnegie Greenaway website.
Each PDF resource includes:
- Before, during and after reading activities
- EMC's literary analysis cards
How to get this free downloadable PDF resource
- Sign in to your main account (or register a school account):
- Add the publication to your basket.
- Check out – you will not be charged.
- As soon as you have placed your order, your download publication will be available to download in your account.
- Before you sign out or leave the website, click 'My Account' (top right).
- Click the link which says: View your purchased downloads, and re-download them.
- Click on the PDF icon next to the publication you want to download.
- The publication will download to wherever downloads normally go on your computer (often your desktop or a Downloads folder).
If you want to download the publication at a later point, sign in to the main account used to buy the download, then follow the instructions above.
Click here to download a guide on accessing downloadable publications from your account.
Viewing and using this print-only PDF
To use this PDF you need Acrobat Reader 7 or above. You can download this free program here.