This photocopiable download publication provides a range of activities to support pupils in exploring the novel as both both literature and as a global media phenomenon. Includes:
- role-plays and debates
- comparisons with classical myth and quest narratives
- fresh approaches to character and many activities that prepare students for KS4 textual study.
It also provides a manageable route through the text using the film in constructive and imaginative ways.
This download version of The Hunger Games – an EMC Study Guide includes the following:
- A print-friendly PDF of the full publication, including colour screenshots from the opening scene of the film adaptation.
- A screen-friendly PDF, with all the student activities, in a form suitable for showing to a whole-class via data projector. This PDF also includes A4 versions of the screenshots from the film adaptation.
- A zipped folder of additional assets:
- PowerPoint – ‘More Than Just a Book ...?
- Folder of screengrabs from the film adaptation (jpegs) for use in programs such as Picture Power 3, PowerPoint, iMovie and so on.
A print version, with additional assets on CD, is available, priced £35.
Important information about using PDFs
PDFs with interactivity require Reader 7 or above. Download the latest version here.