12 self-contained activities to support students in getting to grips with the novel and developing the skills to discuss it critically:
- contemporary images and interview material to inform students’ understanding of the period, with a close focus on the insights they provide into the novel
- ways of using the Oscar-winning film to enrich students’ understanding of the text
- engaging activities to support students in thinking about characterisation, themes and narrative style
- role-play activities to help students engage with, and use, critical responses to the novel
- includes contemporary images and interview material.
A print edition of this publication is also available.
Viewing and using this print-only PDF
To use this PDF you need Acrobat Reader 7 or above. You can download this free program here.